Out & About Seating
When you are out & about, and someone in your group has special needs, it’s not always easy to be inclusive when it comes to seating arrangements. In sports stadiums, movie theatres, concerts, school, your favourite neighbourhood restaurant and even at your own kitchen table, people who require postural support to sit for any length of time probably can’t sit where everyone else is sitting. Sometimes, it even limits their ability to participate.
Special Tomato has created the Out & About Seat (OAS) that provides comfortable upper body support using a padded, adjustable 8-Point Harness System and height adjustable Headrest. It will change where your family member with special needs can take a seat and remain comfortably seated while out with family and friends. The Special Tomato OAS can be attached to most standard, stable chairs that have a minimum seat back height of 14”.
Out & About Seating
- 3-Point Padded Adjustable Pelvic Harness to maintain proper position of the pelvis and hips
- 5-Point Padded Adjustable Chest Harness to maintain proper position of the trunk
- Easy to fold
- Easy wipe clean and machine washable Base Fabric and Fabric Pad
- Padded Attachment Straps to secure Base Fabric and protects furniture
- Easy side-release buckles and a single quick-release button on the pelvic harness
- Height Adjustable Headrest to promote midline head position
- Completely portable with backpack straps for hands free transport
- Able to accept Special Tomato Soft-Touch Liner Seat and Back Cushions for additional support
Classic Liner & Hip-Flex Liner Cushions
Special Tomato Soft-Touch Liners classic & Hip-Flex may be integrated into the Out & About seating system. These contoured seats and back cushions are made from a proprietary blend of non-toxic, latex-free materials. They are soft, lightweight and extremely durable. Seamless, impermeable to fluids but breathable, microbe resistant, peel and tear resistant, they are easily wiped clean.
Recliner Support System (RSS)
The RSS system is easy to bring along and mount on recliner chairs or other similar chairs. It will make sure that the user is sitting straight and support from head to feet. It has a build in hip harness, body harness, headrest and calf support. For extra support, a Liner Hip Flex Seat and Liner Back can be mounted.